Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Roast Leg of Lamb

Roast Leg of Lamb

1 leg of lamb Coated with Moroccan spice blend

Cook first hour at 350 f
cook second hour 300 f

It should be very rare around the bone.

I slice thin and the boys can eat it as fast as I can slice.

Day Two:
of Leg of Lamb Soup

Cut sliceable meat off and slice for snacks (I have boys and an glad to have lamb as snacks over sweets)

Place bone is large stock pot in chicken stock. boil until bone is clean. Clean meat from the "other" lamb joint stuff and put good meat back in pot
add 4 cups carrots
2 cups Onion
2 cups potatoes
2 cups of celery
2 cans diced tomotoes
1 heaping spoon of Better than bouillon vegetable
add Moroccan Spice to taste

Boil until veggies are tender.
Add Roux to thicken or leave as thin broth

Note: I am re-posting all of the Recipes that I serve to my family all the time so I dont have to dig for them



No comments: