Sunday, March 10, 2013

Moroccan Spice Blend

Moroccan Spice Blend

6 T minced garlic dried
4 T ground cumin
4 T ground ginger
4 T kosher salt
4 T ground black pepper
2 T ground cinnamon
2 T ground coriander
2 T ground cayenne
2 T ground allspice
1 T ground cloves

Re-posting because I use this blend all the time. I also found out that it makes the perfect blend for stuffed grape leaves.


Stuffed Grape Leaves

2 lbs of ground lamb
8 cups of cooked rice
1 Large Jar of Grape Leaves
2/3 cup of Moroccan Spice Blend

Tip: Line bottom of pot with broken leaves then cut potatoes into 1" slices then line on top of leaves.
Then make another layer of broken leaves. (even if the leaves and potatoes get a bit burnt... they will save the stuffed grape leaves.
Pack grape leaves tightly in rows Usually about 3 in the pot I use. Fill with chicken broth and the juice of 3-4 lemons... top off with enough water to cover grapes leaves 1".
place Pyrex pie dish to weigh down stuffed grape leaves so they don't fall apart during cooking. Boil for 2 hours. Coat with olive oil so they don't dry out and serve with lemon slices.

Note: I am re-posting all of the Recipes that I serve to my family all the time so I dont have to dig for them

No comments: