Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Apple Dumplings

Apple Dumplings ~the easy way

1 (8 ounce) can Pillsbury Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls (The Croissant Kind)
2 baking apple
1⁄2 cup butter
3⁄4 cup dark brown sugar (or light brown sugar)
1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 1/4 cup water
juice of one lemon

Preheat oven to 350.

On a surface dusted w/ flour, unfold the Crescent Rolls. Cut them out with along the dotted line.
Place an apple wedge on the wide edge of each dough triangle and roll up maintaining the croissant shape as much as possible
Place the dumplings in an 8 in baking dish.
In a saucepan, melt the butter, sugar and cinnamon over medium heat. Stir in water and lemon juice. Pour mixture over the dumplings. Sprinkle on more cinnamon.
Cover the pan with foil and bake for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, uncover the pan and bake for an additional 15 minutes.

I know people who add a few cinnamon red hots to add a little color. I will buy some and keep them in a jar for occasions like this in the future.

* Since living semi alone again (I have the boys 4 nights a week) I cook for one a lot. I made 2 of the crescent rolls for my breakfast. the remaining 6 were made into dumplings

I love recipes that use a premade ingredient i.e. a tube of rolls or a box of cake mix.


No comments: