Saturday, March 14, 2009

Lime Pickle Made Easy


8 cups of limes sliced them quartered
1 1/2 C chili powder
3 T Curry powder (I used Watkins)
1 cup of kosher salt
3 T Crystallized Ginger Minced
3 T Garlic Powder
1/4 C Lime Juice
1 C Olive Oil

Mix together and place in canning jars. You can either leave out on the counter for 2-4 weeks until the rines get soft

Or I guess it would be possible to "can it" as you would can pickles or other high salt foods.
I have not a clue on canning since I am the only person in my family that has ever actually canned anything. But if you are a canner, please leave a comment on how you would do it.
I will give it a try.

1 comment:

nashbabe said...

I would check the USDA advisory on what is boiling water bath canning-friendly as compared to pressure cooker, and then do it with boiling water if that works. I have made apple butter and strawberry jam as of late and they just need 10ish minutes in boiling water for them to seal fine, because of their acidity. Pumpkin apple butter, though, I keep in the freezer because it is unsafe to boiling water can pumpkin__who knew!