Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Auction Action $40.50


Singer No 99
Like I need another sewing machine. But I just had to have this one too.


Tea cups and plates... I already broke one! I wouldn't mind having a collection of these.


Just a little of the sewing stuff... Very Little! But I will need to go through and sort the rest. There was a little chest of 4 drawers. Each drawer was packed with sewing patterns and notions. Lots of bias tape, hemming lace and other things... a nice pair of Weiss pinking shears, and another very nice pair of dress maker shears. A full box of Tailors chalk... All the different colors. A box of attachments and the original Singer No. 99 manual.


About 40ish different patterns. I want to keep 3. I am sure I will find a good home for these. Alot of them look like they are from the 60's & 70's.


In one of the drawers were these unfinished embroidery pieces in linen. I may change out the lace, but I like them.


These collector plates were a steal at $1 each. I really only wanted the Limoges one. How horrible would it be if I gave out Christmas cookies on the rest?



I got all of these sun catchers and a whole lot more for a buck. I am going to hang these in the sun room. The rest are in a box. I was going to give them to my neighbor. Her girls destroy everything. I don't care, I am keeping the good ones.



Just a few of the little pretties I got. Oddly enough I dont collect things like this. But I think these make great add-ons for soap gifts and what-ever-else. I have a box ful at this point. Now I need to find some one who would like this as a RAK.



I thought these irons were cool. Too cool to pass up, although I probably will not keep them. The third one is the smallest, but it feels like it weighs about 7 lbs. I may keep that one.

Oh, I will get around to posting the rest of the stuff. There is so much that I am not going to keep and donate to the church across the street for their sales. I have 2 full boxes of books... they came with the lot of Irons. There is so much other stuff, but when the lot cost $1 and I want a very nice pair of dress maker shears. you end up with a lot of extra things that you didnt want.

Bill is pretty excited that I like going to auctions with him. Well I only like going if there are sewing goodies or items I am interested in... like a kiln. And that is about it. It is crazy, one woman was a bit cheesed since she was bidding on all of the same stuff I was. She got a box of used dishtowels and aprons for way too much IMHO.... and a number of other stuff. I think she is selling this stuff on ebay as retro stuff. But I am sure that there will be many more auctions to come. But where am I going to put all of these sewing machines.

3 comments:

auntgeorge said...

WOW!! 40.50? You really got a grat haul!! Great going!!

G

Bee Haven Bev said...

Oh E.....how exciting! You got the buys of the century. I need a little of your lucky karma to rub off on me! Love the tea cups!

nashbabe said...

The bias tape was pretty cool, not to mention the rest of the stuff, and that is cool that you are donating the stuff you don't want to that place across the street...I can only imagine how bizarre some of the patterns are. :-)