Tuesday, May 29, 2007

The Soaper's Apron

This is my new favorite Apron. It is long and has full coverage for major soap spills. There are no pockets in the front, so if you have a soaping spill, yourpockets will not fill up with hot soap.


I started with a simplicity pattern 5201, and made one. Well I didnt like how it hung, the neck needed revision and the sides layed odd. So I made the straps thicker, Made the neck a high square and took it in 4 inches. Next one I will be making more changes to make the back and sides lay flatter. I can not believe people actually got paid to draft this one. Anyone making this pattern... make it 2 sizes smaller than you think you will need.


The fabric drying next to the apron on the line is going to be more of these designs. I have promised a few girlfriends I would make them one. They like how it covers and that if you have a spill, there are no knots to untie since bows come loose.

No comments: